How much does ill-health REALLY cost you, your group
or your business?
(**contact us for a pdf version of this page to be emailed to you)
Mind, Body, Spirit Nutritional Restoration Program
WHAT IS THE REAL COST OF EMPLOYEE ABSENTEEISM ?
Work related injuries and illness, chronic diseases, absenteeism and sick employees who return to work before getting well cost U.S. employers billions of dollars each year. An aging workforce and factors like stress, fatigue and depression all impact employers’ medical costs and employees’ productivity.
People who go to work when they’re sick (presenteeism) accounts for nearly two-thirds of the total cost of worker illness. Productivity losses linked to absenteeism cost employers $225.8 billion dollars each year or $1,685 per employee.
4 million non work-related injuries and illnesses annually
55 thousand deaths from work-related injuries and illnesses annually, compared to approximately 30,000 deaths annually from motor vehicle accidents.
Today’s workers face serious health challenges.
Fatigue: Inadequate sleep leads to worker errors, low productivity and safety incidents which affect business profitability. (Source: Moore-Ede, 2011; Rosekind et al. 2010; Sirois, 2007)
Diabetes: Medical costs for people with diabetes are TWICE as high as for people without diabetes. In 2012 U.S. health care costa associated with diabetes was $245 billion dollars, a drastic increase from $174 billion in 2007 (Source: Diabetes Journal)
Obesity: Full-time workers in the U.S. who are overweight or obese have other chronic health problems and miss about 450 million more days of work than healthy workers, costing more than $153 billion dollars a year in lost productivity. (Source: 2011 Gallup-Healthways Well-being)
Stress: The number 1 workplace health issue. According to the American Psychological Assoc., chronic stress is linked to the six leading causes of death: Heart disease, Cancer, Lung ailments, Accidents, Cirrhosis of the liver and Suicide. Chronic stress can affect your brain, suppress your thyroid, cause blood sugar imbalances, decrease bone density and muscle tissue, raise blood pressure, reduce your immunity and ability to heal, and increase fat.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
CLASS –1 “Intro to Nutrition”
- What is Nutrition: General Description.
- The Digestive System: An Overview of Gut Health and its Importance to Bodily Health.
- Macro-molecules: What Food is Made of.
- Smell, Taste, and Texture Demonstrations
- Brief Discussion of Dietary Trending
CLASS-2 “The Western Diet”
- What Other Cultures Consume, and Why.
- What is the Western Diet? -Examples of Ingredients in Common Foods.
- Effects of the Western Diet: Health Problems in America Today.
- Why Fresh, Organic Foods are So Important.
- What Does “Raw” Really Mean?
CLASS-3 “The Healing Power of Foods”
- What are “Whole Foods?”
- What’s in Fruits and Veggies?
- What’s in Grains, Legumes, and Nuts?
- What’s in Herbs, Spices, and Fungi?
- How to Eat Your Vitamins: Food Preparation Demonstration
CLASS-4 “What to Make With All This”
- Microgreens: DIY Sprouting– Everyone takes home a jar.
- Fermentation vs. Canning: Taste Samples & Preparation Demonstrations.
- Juicing vs. Blending: Taste Samples & Preparation Demonstrations.
- Incorporating Other Macromolecules.
- Putting It All Together: Recipe Making.
CLASS-5 “Connecting the Body, Mind, and Spirit”
- How Thoughts and Emotions Affect Your Health.
- The Importance of Movement: Why Exercise Doesn’t Have to Be Hard.
- Yoga; Joining the Body and Mind.
- Connecting the Mind and Spirit: Subtle Energies.
- How All of This Could Apply in My Life.
REFERENCE MATERIAL GIVEN AT END OF COURSE
Table of Vitamins & Minerals
“Rainbow” Chart of Fruits & Vegetables
Health Benefits of Fruits & Vegetables
Beginning Yoga Poses
HOW DO EMPLOYERS PROFIT MORE?…..
….By investing in your employees HEALTH and WELL-BEING
Wouldn’t it be much more cost-effective to encourage your employees to be at optimal health and love where they work? Wouldn’t that cut down on absenteeism, work-place accidents, health care costs and increase productivity? Which in turn results in higher annual profits. Our Minds, Body’s and Spirit, does indeed work together to create a healthier “YOU.
Join us in our Nutritional Restoration Program!
We bring our Classes to you! Our 5-class program is designed to work around YOUR schedule and what works best for you and your employees or group. Each class is 90 minutes long. We include interaction and hands-on participation, creating a fun, yet educational and enlightening program.
We can schedule the 5 different classes, either one class each week, for 5 weeks, one class each day for 5 consecutive days , or all 5 classes in one day.
Each person attending receives a workbook with class information packets given out for each class, then a final Reference Material packet given at the end of the final class, along with a Certificate of Completion for each person.
Each class is $50 per person, totaling $250.00 per person for all five classes.
We do require a minimum of 10 people per class course.
Please contact us to book your Mind, Body, Spirit Nutritional Restoration program today. Because your life really does depend on eating right.