News This Week:
Fall is underway, and although the season has just begun to change, we are already starting to plan ahead for Spring. We are going through our seed collections and trying to decide what to plant for next year. But seeing as our goal for Pinedora is to provide organic produce to our community… we thought we ought to ask you what you’d like us to grow. From veggies, to flowers, herbs and spices, even specialty crops. If there is something you would like us to try growing, just let us know. We are starting to fine-tune all the details of our building process, so before we begin we’d like your thoughts on what to include. That also goes for the classes and workshop we plan to offer. If there is a topic you are interested in learning about, let us know too and we can put together a course that is fun and interactive that you can benefit from on many levels. We are all about education and whole mind-body health here at Pinedora!
Health & Wellness:
November is National Sleep Comfort Month, and what better time to curl up under the covers! There’s a chill in the air and the days are getting shorter by the minute. So get out the fluffy pillows and toasty sheets and hop in bed for some Zzz’s. Sleep makes you feel better, but its importance goes way beyond just boosting your mood and banishing under-eye circles. Adequate sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle, and can benefit your heart, weight, mind, and more:
- Sleep helps improve your memory, sharpen focus, and boost creativity.
- Helps to improve quality of life and aids in longevity.
- Sleep can help you avoid accidents by making you more alert.
- Sleep and metabolism are controlled by the same sectors of the brain, so adequate rest can help to maintain healthy weight levels.
- Helps reduce stress and maintain blood pressure, cholesterol, and over-all cardiovascular health.